Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Few Favorite Things

We've been in Texas now 3 months and everything is going really well. We are on our 60th consecutive day of >100 degree weather! Ahhh... it's crazy, the low at night is in the mid 70's. Jeff is loving school and is preparing to start the full program August 24th, yikes here it comes. Here are some pics of a few summer happenings.

Brett has a little addiction...it's his giraffe "G". This is his favorite toy in the whole wide world. When I give him a variety of brightly colored, noise making toys, he goes for his giraffe every time. He loves to shove it in his mouth and chew on the head and feet. He even fell asleep in the car the a giraffe leg in his mouth. It's the new pacifier.

I love this picture. I'm no great photographer, but I think this is a pretty good shot. What a little tooter.

Brett loves to shred paper. When we go to get the mail, read scriptures or look at books, he is constantly trying to grab the paper and crinkle. It is hilarious. So we give him an old magazine and let him attack. It's quite a site to see, he gets his feet involved in the shredding process as well. Way to go Shredder, you shred those papers.


We give Brett a bath before bed every night and he LOVES it. After he is finished eating his squash or green beans we say "Brett do you want to take a tubby?" He starts smiling, and grunting and waving his arms up and down. Bretty loves tubby time.


We found a free splash park with waiting pools last week and we are lovin' it. It's perfect for Brett now that he can sit up. He likes to sit in the waiting pools and splish splash. He does get a bit concerned by the water that shoots up out of the ground, as we can see from this picture. We spent 2 hours there on Friday and I lubed Brett up with the good SPF 50, but didn't put any sunscreen on me. I wanted to tan becuase I am pasty, you would never have guessed that I have been in Austin, TX all summer. Yeah well, I am now a cherry tomato and I am going to peel and have to start from ground zero. Dang it.


This is Bretty's good friend Saira. They have a typical Boy-Girl love relationship. She is obsessed with him... she wakes of from naps crying "wetty wetty" and she bangs on her front door crying Brett's name. When they are together she is patting his head and giving him hugs. He doesn't do anything to encourage her and yet she just loves him. It is the sweetest thing.


Jeff and I went on a date last night to see the musical "The Music Man". They have an outdoor theatre at the base of a hillside, then people come and bring blankets to cover the hillside to sit and enjoy the show. It is free and amazing! We played Phase 10 and ate Mike-n-Ikes while waiting for the the show to start. It was so much fun to have an evening out together, thanks Phil and Emily for babysitting. Also, notice the redneck. Oh man, my skin is achin' and it seems to be getting worse every hour. Oh dear!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much fun! Your little boy is sure a cutie! I couldn't find you on facebook so add me by me email when you get a chance, blakenashley@yahoo.com we need to have you guys over sometime!

*hugs*

Adrie said...

Looks like you guys are having a fun summer down in Texas, I can't believe it has been 3 months already, crazy! Your tan burn line cracks me up, it reminds me of my husband he thinks he can go without any sunscreen and fries every time! I love your swimsuit by the way, and thanks for the swimsuit website! Take care!

The Poore Family! said...

Could your little boy get any cuter? Glad that things are going well. Good luck with Jeff starting school soon! Ohhhh those hot summer days in the south, I swear they never end!!!!!!!!

Emily White said...

our kids are sooo cute! my little girl is just a lover :)

Anonymous said...

He is getting big! He's so cute. We wish we could have seen you guys while we were in Texas but we ran out of time. Next trip!

Megan said...

He is DARLING!!! I love seeing the pictures. We miss you!

The Allens said...

Lindz I am so glad you are keeping your blog up. Brett is such a goodlooking kid. We miss you guys. Hurry home would you.