Friday, March 23, 2012

Family of Five!

Thursday March 8th was very warm and muggy most of the day, that evening the temperature changed dramatically from 70 and humid to 50 and cold with wind. I was joking with Jeff that maybe the changes in the weather would cause my labor to start. Well it wasn't a joke because that night I woke up at 1am with my first contraction. A sweet neighbor from the ward ran up to our house and stayed with the kids while they slept. We hurried to the hospital, anxious and excited. Things started out slow and I remember telling Jeff that I was ready for things to pick up, let's get this show on the road. I got up and decided to go for a walk with Jeff, I only made it about 100 feet and my water broke, then things really did pick up. The contractions were closer together and stronger and it seemed like a contraction would start to subside, but would then peak again. I stood up to the side of the bed to try a different position and I immediately felt the baby drop. I started screaming and the nurse and Jeff got me back on the bed. The nurse was trying to call the midwife, and she rushed in (she must have heard me screaming). After 3 pushes our sweet baby girl made her way into this world. It was a bit of a rough start for Kelsey Lynn because she had swallowed some meconium and was having a hard time breathing. I only held her for a second and they took her (and Jeff) to the nursery to be monitored.
Kelsey weighed 6 lbs 13 oz (my smallest) and 19 3/4 in long (my longest). She is absolutely perfect.
Me and our sweet new addition.

Kelsey Lynn Neeley

We have 3 kids...wow!

We are a family of five!!

1 comment:

Karolin said...

Take a cuter family pic please ! :-) But besides that good job, Lindsay! I still can't believe that you are already a mom of three being 4 years younger than me....