Saturday, February 28, 2009

5 Weeks


My brother James took these awesome shots! Thanks James, you are the best. This is Brett at 5 weeks...he is such a little stud muffin. Brett is now 7 weeks old. We took him to the Draper Temple open house and he loved it. He was wide eyed and very alert, I think he felt right at home. One lady at the temple asked how old he was and we told her 7 weeks. She said he was the youngest and best behaved visitor, we were so proud. The temple is gorgeous, I loved the paintings inside, there are a lot of new modern paintings. It was a fun little family outing.

I am attempting sleep training with little Brett. All the books say you should put them in their crib when they are drowsy, but awake so they learn how to fall asleep on their own. Well I try this with every nap and he wakes right up once I lay him down. He doesn't cry he just grunts and wiggles out of his swaddle and can't fall back to sleep. HELP! So to all you fabulous experienced moms, I need some tips! Thanks so much!

4 comments:

The Poore Family! said...

Hey! What beautiful photos, he is just a stud, but what else can we expect from such gorgeous parents! I cannot wait to meet him one day. :) What I would suggest first is, of course, do what you feel like best for him. If you feel that he is too little to start training, then don't worry about it yet. On the other hand, if you feel he is ready, then maybe try having nice, relaxing music for him to listen to when you lay him down. :)

Britney said...

Hey GIRL!!!
Hey we are going to go swimming at the Jackson Hole aquatic center this weekend you should try to make it. Brit and Heather are probably comming too so call me.

The Allens said...

I can't believe that Brett is that old!! You are doing a great job Mama! Lets talk sleep when you come up this weekend. I could use a few pointers myself. I can vouch for the fact that laying him down before is asleep is the way to go in the long run. Sometimes it seems hard because they don't like it, but they learn to sooth themselves. If you have time google the "ferberizing method". Basicly, if they fuss when you lay them down, wait a certain amount of minutes( mine is five) then go back in and help them to stop crying( singing, rubbing, or whatever you want). This way they still know that you are there. Sorry for the novel. We will talk later.
Mei

Jerolyn and Matt said...

He is just darling! Hey, I'm going private on the blog, so send me your email address!! Hope you guys are doing well!!