Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Cave Falls Idaho September 2013

One of the many adventures on our Idaho trip took us up in the mountains to Cave Falls for a hike and some beautiful falls. The weather was a perfect 70 degrees and the air was still. The water was chilly, but that didn't seem to bother the kids, who with shoes and socks headed right in. Jumping into the water and throwing rocks, they were having loads of fun. The beauty of this area is hard to describe, so I'll let the pictures do the talking...
Adorable boy in granpa's hat, enjoying nature. He could have stayed there all day!

These two were the best buddies. When she would wake up in the mornings in Idaho she would head stright for grandma's room, not even a hello or good morning to mom. Don't forget to check out the backdrop, uh incredible.

This is what they were doing majority of the time. And look at those beauitful falls, it takes my breath away.

Grandpa loves these girls and he was so sweet to them. I LOVE this picture.

Okay Shmels, stealing all the attention with your exuberant amount of cuteness!! Can't get enough of that girl!
During the hike the kids were collecting sticks for our campfire the next evening. Their little hands were overflowing with 5 or 6 sticks, but it was so important to them that we kept them and use them in our fire. The things they do and say just fill my heart right up. Everywhere I go people ALWAYS say, "oh, you sure got your hands full" and it's so true, I do, but it sounds so negative. I saw a beautiful quote that I think of everytime someone says that. It goes like this, "If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart".

No comments: