Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Haircut

 Remember when Dantzel was about 18 months and I decided she would see a lot better if her bangs weren't in her eyes. I combed her hair down and cut straight across, right at the eyebrows. This is a classic amateur mistake, and the bangs ended up in the middle of her forehead. From that point on I vowed never to cut the girls hair myself again, and that I would leave the work to the professionals.
Well, last Saturday I had to run a 10 min errand and left Jeff with the kids. When I came home he had her in the bathroom and it was too late...her bangs were already in the middle of her forehead. Let's just say he was in BIG trouble. Kelsey was laughing, I was crying, Brett was reassuring me it would grow back, Dantzel was asking daddy for a haircut and Jeff was in denial that the haircut was terrible.
I took her to a professional yesterday and had it fixed. Jeff calls her Fraulein Maria, or Sammy boy and I keep running my fingers through it hoping it will grow in the next week before our California/Idaho trip (of course this had to happen 1 week before our trip to see family that hasn't seen her in over a year).
They may have funny haircuts, but they are the sweetest, funnest most beautiful girls. I am one lucky momma!

No comments: