Monday, July 30, 2012

Happy Birthday Dantzel

Had a fun day remembering Dantzel's birth day and the fun story that goes with it. I love telling people the story, and I am still amazed that I managed to have my baby on my only sisters' wedding day. Go fig. We told the kids the story and showed them pictures, they laughed. Jeff is a great storyteller.
I was ready to start the day fixing pancakes for Dantzel (trying to make it special) and she said, "no I want eatmeal (oatmeal)". Okay fair enough. Then I made a fabulous angel food cake, and she wouldn't touch it, just ate the strawberries...I guess I have a whole year to get over it. :)
Dantzel had presents from grandmas and friends to open, that was fun and she loved it (Brett too). She got a strider balance bike in pink, she was very surprised. We kept having to lower the seat, it almost rubs against the back tire, love those short legs!!
We sang happy birthday a lot today, she would listen politely and after the song say "thank you". Cute. She wouldn't blow out the candles, she looked a little stressed about the whole situation, Jeff blew them out and she started laughing.
We love our Dantzel, Sissy, Dantzi, Danno, Lulu, Dolly Llama...She answers to just about anything. Her happy, upbeat, sweet spirit is just what our family needs. <3
3 weeks

1 year

2 years

No comments: