Friday, July 3, 2009

Funny Stories

It's been a while since my last post, but there has been nothing super duper exciting to post. So this is a post with a few funny happenings lately.

Jeff broke his glasses a while back, he was so ticked because we are trying to save every penny. We didn't want to spend our money on new glasses. So my little engineer thought he would fix them. Duct tape and zip tie, a boy's best friend. That night as we were eating dinner, someone knocked on our door and told us our truck was in a "no parking" zone and was being towed. Jeff raced out the door (with his mad scientist glasses) and jumped on the towing truck to stop the tow. Then he got in the passenger door and said "Lower the the truck down NOW"! I think Jeff scared the livin' daylights out of this guy...the truck was not towed and we have the zip tied, duct taped glasses to thank for it. P.S. Jeff has new glasses.

Brett got the most amazing package in the mail yesterday from Grandma Allen. It was full of clothes, books, toys and tissue paper. Of course he starts grabbing the tissue paper and shoving it into his mouth. (My child loves to eat paper of any kind. It reminds me of my nephew Mason who ate toilet paper as a baby). So I'm ooing and awing over the clothes and toys while Brett is eating tissue paper. I snapped back into reality and took away the tissue paper deciding he shouldn't swallow it. I put my finger in his mouth to get out the little pieces of paper and I felt something sharp! Brett has his first tooth! I felt bad I didn't even know he was teething...he is such a good baby.

This is my little buddy and the squash attack. He didn't like it that much and kept taking the sqush out of his mouth with his fingers. He was super tired so then he would rub his eyes and well there you go, that explains the clown picture!
Last night me and Jeff had a wild idea of wearing our retainers. We haven't put them in our mouths for a year and let's just say is was quite painful. We are having a contest to see who can wear it the longest. Oh baby, our teeths are achin'. But I'm not taking mine out, I gotta win the contest!

8 comments:

Hails said...

Lindsay, that is the cutest post I have ever seen! Bretty is so big, it makes me sick! I will always remember that towing night, that was so funny! Love ya!
Hails

Adrie said...

I would never imagine your husband jumping on a truck and then yelling! too funny though. About the retainer I tried mine on after about 2 years and I wanted to cry, it seriously took me 10 minutes to get it out because it was so tight, so have fun with that one! Your little boy gets cuter everyday, I can't believe how fast time flies!

The Stoddards said...

You are so funny and cute. Your little family is the best. You look like you are having a blast. Can't wait to have things slow down so I can call you and catch up!

Ashlee said...

Oh man! I wish I were there for the retainer contest. Except I don't even know where mine is... So I guess I lose by default. I need to come visit you guys! I miss your faces!

Jerolyn and Matt said...

That's awesome! Love the stories! Brett is getting so big! I can't believe he's already teething! That's come up so fast! Don't worry about not noticing. The same thing happened with Caleb. I swear those teeth pop up out of nowhere! Anyway, hope you guys are doing well! Good luck with the retainer! I'm betting on Lindsay (sorry Jeff!) Take care!

Adrie said...

Your so cute! I have been wake-boarding for a few years, so I have had plenty of practice. Once you get the hang of getting up it, you'll never forget it. This lady made me my swimming suits, she does such a good job and they are modest and comfortable and fit perfect, becuase she custom fits them. She only charges $55 and you get to pick out the material she has a ton to choose from. If you were in Utah I would give you her number, maybe when you come up to visit or something! I hope you are loving Texas, we sure miss you up here!

Susan said...

LOL! I can't believe that story about your husband. Your little guy is so cute!

Emily White said...

hahaha hadn't heard about the squash attack to the eyes...what a pumpkin head