Tuesday, April 14, 2009

25 Random Things about Lindsay

I was tagged by two people (Mallory and Alissa) at the same time, so I decided to combine this tag. 25 random things about me with the first 10 being my favorite things starting with the letter D.

1. Dudes... especially of the Jeff and Bretty variety.
2. Dads... love you Daddy.
3. Daisies... they are a bright and friendly flower.
4. Dilly Bars... butterscotch flavor from Dairy Queen, my favorite treat in the whole world.
5. Dunanda Falls... a nine mile hike in to this beautiful waterfall. It's only a stream that runs off, so you can climb the rocks and play in the waterfall. The best part is the natural hot springs that are perfect hot tub temperatures. You heat up in these hot pots and the mist from the waterfall cools you down...it's dreamy.
6. Dill Pickles... you know how they say pregnant women love pickles, well it's true, I was totally addicted to pickles while I was prego.
7. December... I don't particularly love the weather, but I love the Christmas season and Jeff and I were married in December, so it's a special month for me.
8. Disposable Diapers... I know I was born at this time, so I could take part in the disposable diaper miracle. I am so happy cloth diapers are a thing of the past.
9. Dove... I love dove hair products, body wash, and the chocolate.
10. Diesel jeans... especially my $5 pair from DownEast Outfitters Outlet.

11. I got my first journal for Christmas in 1994, I am still writing in the same journal.
12. I am 100% left handed, I can't do anything with my right hand. When I try to write with my right hand it looks like a 5 year old's handwriting.
13. I used to run track in high school. Our high school was so small we didn't even have a track, and we trained most of spring cross country skiing in farmers fields.
14. I learned how to drive stick shift on a 10 wheeler potato truck. I participated in potato harvest all through high school. We got out of school for 2 weeks for the harvest.
15. I don't have a pinky toe nail.
16. I am kind of a clean freak. I do spring cleaning 5 times throughout the year. My rule is: If I haven't seen it, touched it, used it, or worn it within the last year, it's gone.
17. When I was 14 years old, my family went on a vacation to the Oregon Coast. We drove through a tiny town named Brogan, Oregon. I fell in love with the name and decided I would name one of my future sons Brogan.
18. I want 6 kids in 10 years. I have it all figured out... I just have to get pregnant when each baby is 9 months old. They would all be 18 months apart. Haha, we'll see.
19. Jeff and I are one of those nerdy couples who don't have a TV. I don't know why but for some reason I feel like I am wasting valuable time... I'd rather be sleeping.
20. I used to be a janitor at a movie theater. Hey, it got me and a friend in to movies for $1.
21. When I met Jeff for the first time, I though he was obnoxious (mostly his laugh)...haha. Now I absolutely love him and I love his laugh, it's contagious.
22. I have participated in a few triathlons (swim, bike, run). The last one Jeff and I did together, he beat me by only two minutes.
23. I am a registered nurse, and I love working with adults. My favorite is working in the orthopedic unit.
24. I haven't had a soda for 1 year and 4 months. My dentist told me that my teeth are so fragile, and the soda was eating my teeth away. Ahh, scary. So I stopped.
25. Every time I go to the dentist I have 5-10 cavities. I brush and floss everyday, what's up with that?

2 comments:

Mallory Miller said...

And to think I thought I knew everything... :) Excited to see you tonight!~

Emily White said...

ok i have never had a cavity and i only brush 1-2 times a day and almost NEVER floss...random gross info about my mouth, but it must be genetic for you or something...maybe your great great great great great great great aunt ethel had bad teeth :)