Thursday, June 21, 2012

Besties Reunited

Hailee, Ashlee and I have been seperated for far too long. They made the long journey from New Mexico for a week long visit in Texas, it was so much fun! It did rain most of the time, but we managed to go swimming, see the bats on Congress Bridge, and enjoy some Rudy's barbeque. At one point we were caought in a horrific rainstorm. I like Ashlee's point of view best:
The Torrential Downpour:
Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of this, so you'll have to use your imaginations.
Hailee, Lindsay, and I were about ready to leave a store when it sounded like the building was going to cave in due to a herd of elephants doing the Macarena on the roof. A lovely Texas storm had rolled into town.  The parking lot had become a lake in about 5 seconds. We debated on whether or not we should wait for the rain to stop (we had two babies with us) or just run to the car. We waited it out for 5 minutes or so, when we decided the rain wasn't going to stop any time soon. We ran to the car as fast as we could, strapped in the kiddos, and jumped in. We were soaked, and driving home was NOT fun. The rain never let up, and did I mention it was at night? We're talking flash-floods, lighting, the whole shebang. I think our top speed was about 15 mph, but better safe than sorry, folks! It was pretty nerve-wracking, and I'm really glad I wasn't the one driving. After we got back to the house, we found out that there was a tornado warning for the area, so that's something to write home about.
Thanks Ash. And one insert, I remember calming my nerves with a huge bowl of bluebell ice cream once home safe!
 Rainy day activity: angry birds with auntie Ash

 Best friends...with some appendages. Love my peeps!

 Love my sis. I must live close to her someday!

 Now that Carly can crawl, she pretty much followed these two around the entire trip.

Oh, Dantz. 
So she loves to put hair ties on her wrists, trying to be like me (I think I have a hair tie on my wrist 90% of the time). But hers are a bit tighter, and her hands are looking a little purple.

No comments: