Thursday, January 15, 2009

Baby Brett

Brett Louis Neeley was born January 10th, 2009 at 8:43 pm. He weighed 8 lbs 5 oz and was 19.5 inches long. That's just how I like my boys a little short and stocky! It's so crazy that he came on his due date...that never happens!

So here is the story: Friday night Jeff and I went to a movie (Seven Pounds) and then we came home and we were bored, so we stayed up until 11 pm playing Yahtzee and I got the highest score I have ever gotten...499. We went to bed and I woke up at 3am with my first ever contraction, I never got the braxton hicks or false labor. I had contractions 5 min apart for 6hrs and I worked through them at home with Jeff at my side encouraging me, he was so sweet! Jeff and I went on a walk around the block, and checked in to the hospital at 9am and they admitted me. I tried to be tough and do as much as I could without the epidural. By 1:30 I was ready for it and boy are they magic! I was able to rest and prepare for the final part. At 7:30 I was completely dialated and ready to push. My midwife asked Jeff to catch the baby!! He kind of got pale and sick to his stomach, but with a little encouragement and a prayer he agreed. At 8:43 Jeff brought our little baby into the world and handed him to me. It was the most amazing experience I have ever had. I have to thank my coaches Jeff, Mom and Hails.

Here is the picture they took in the hospital, more pics to come!

2 comments:

Emily White said...

Jeff & Lindsay!
He is soo cute - What a big boy. His hospital pic turned out so well. We love how he looks like he is kind of smiling...he is probably pooing his pants and laughing about it :)

Alissa Allen said...

Congrats guys! We are so excited for you. He looks so adorable! Can't wait to meet him. We love you!